Emergency Management serves the University of Michigan community by preparing for, protecting against and responding to a broad range of emergencies that could impact our people, operations and environment. We also facilitate partnerships and coordination with internal U-M units as well as local, state and federal partners.
Emergency Management is committed to providing the following services to the U-M community:
- Emergency alerts
- Drills and exercises
- Building response initiatives
- Other resources for U-M staff (requires uniqname and umich Kerberos password):
Contact us at (734) 763-8391 or email@example.com for more information about any of these services.
- Provide services that promote emergency preparedness
- Lead the development, dissemination and application of emergency preparedness programs within the campus community
- Conduct activities that incorporate the values of quality, responsibility, accountability, trust, diversity, flexibility and respect
We utilize an all-hazards approach, which means we work to prevent emergencies while simultaneously preparing to respond if they do occur. This approach was set in place to protect the people, property, assets and environment within the U-M community.
Interim Director, Emergency Management
Emergency Management Specialist
Continuity of Operations Planning Specialist